Nissan Owners Club of Trinidad and Tobago

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nissan Owners Club of Trinidad and Tobago

Forum site for Nissan enthusiasts.

+2
trinidrift
DUCHESS
6 posters

Why we have to pay a toll.............

DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Why we have to pay a toll............. Empty Why we have to pay a toll.............

Post by DUCHESS Thu May 20, 2010 11:21 am

We already paying road tax when we buy fuel, so why is it that we have to pay a toll to use the new highways (whenever they are finally built).

Does this mean that fuel cost will drop?

Have they even thought about the kind of repercussions that will follow?

And why do we have to bring a foreign company to manange it?
    trinidrift
    trinidrift

Why we have to pay a toll............. Empty Re: Why we have to pay a toll.............

Post by trinidrift Fri May 21, 2010 1:47 am

UDECOTT
    chinee

Why we have to pay a toll............. Empty Re: Why we have to pay a toll.............

Post by chinee Fri May 21, 2010 3:27 am

And why do we have to bring a foreign company to manange it?

maybe cause foreigners do it better or they have their friends etc linked to the foreign company.

I dont mind paying a toll, just ensure that the monies collected are properly accounted for and used to maintain these highways.

But then again it shows how they prioritize things - which is more needed, a highway from sando to mayaro or interchanges to alleviate the traffic on the CR Highway, Endeavour flyover, Pt Lisas etc?
    What about proper maintenance of the existing roads - for eg. Uriah Butler from Caroni to Chaguanas southbound?
    what about measures to prevent vehicles from crossing the median?
    THE SYNDICATE
    THE SYNDICATE

Post by THE SYNDICATE Fri May 21, 2010 10:45 am

we don't have to pay to maintain roads in trinidad. trinidad has it's own facking pitch lake for christ sake.

the gov't don't have to spend million to import the raw material to mix with others to produce what we call a good road surface(asphalt)...............yet we have the worst roads! (for a country that doesn't have to buy the raw material)

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Fri May 21, 2010 11:23 am

tell me about it. the roads are terrible here. for once syn i have to agree with you on this one.
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Fri May 21, 2010 11:25 am

here's a bright idea...............if foreigners are so good at runnig things then why don't they run the country.

sometimes i wish we were still rules by the queen, we might have been better off than we are now.
    Superman
    Superman

Post by Superman Fri May 21, 2010 10:34 pm

I agree! All Hail The Queen.
    trinidrift
    trinidrift

Post by trinidrift Sun May 23, 2010 4:40 pm

king
    Conrad
    Conrad

Post by Conrad Mon May 24, 2010 10:33 am

DUCHESS wrote:here's a bright idea...............if foreigners are so good at runnig things then why don't they run the country.

sometimes i wish we were still rules by the queen, we might have been better off than we are now.

We would've probably have better grammar skills as well lol!
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Mon May 24, 2010 11:20 am

Conrad wrote:
    DUCHESS wrote:here's a bright idea...............if foreigners are so good at runnig things then why don't they run the country.

awww................someone swallowed a dictionary. i guess you've never heard about a typo before.
    Superman
    Superman

Post by Superman Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 am

study
    THE SYNDICATE
    THE SYNDICATE

Post by THE SYNDICATE Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 am

DUCHESS wrote:
    Conrad wrote:

awww................someone swallowed a dictionary. i guess you've never heard about a typo before.
    Why we have to pay a toll............. Funny_63
    Conrad
    Conrad

Post by Conrad Mon May 24, 2010 11:53 am

THE SYNDICATE wrote:
    DUCHESS wrote:
    Conrad wrote:

Why we have to pay a toll............. Funny_63

LMAO!
    Superman
    Superman

Post by Superman Mon May 24, 2010 11:58 am

Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:00 pm