Nissan Owners Club of Trinidad and Tobago

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nissan Owners Club of Trinidad and Tobago

Forum site for Nissan enthusiasts.

4 posters

Diesel Vehicles vs Gas Vehicles

DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Diesel Vehicles vs Gas Vehicles Empty Diesel Vehicles vs Gas Vehicles

Post by DUCHESS Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:49 am

Which one of these are normally cheaper?
    trinidrift
    trinidrift

Diesel Vehicles vs Gas Vehicles Empty Re: Diesel Vehicles vs Gas Vehicles

Post by trinidrift Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:25 pm

there is 2 sides to this question:maintenance and fuel cost.
    diesel is cheaper than gas but the maintenance required is more stringent n frequent to have a non smoking and good running vehicle.to get a brilliant diesel mechanic is very hard because many claim to be but always fail.
    gas may be more expensive but the maintenance is less.
    all im saying is what you may save on fuel would go into maintenance and vice versa.

my .01c
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:39 pm

all true

but when it comes to the price of a brand new vehicle, which would be the cheaper one?
    chinee

Post by chinee Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:05 am

duchess, it all depends on the type of vehicle. for eg: you can get a new car(gas) with a mid or higher package ie: accessories etc for say 200-250K. Or you can get a pickup(diesel) maybe basic 4x4 manual for around 200K.

So it all depends on what you really want in a vehicle.
    (a)Are you buying a car to replace the one you have... different model/brand, do u want sumting 4WD, 4 disk brakes and other features that maybe your existing one done have etc...
    (b)or do you wish to buy a vehicle to replace your car that may cut ur gas bill and or have a more durable suspension to take the roads we have here.

answer to (b) can lean to a diesel vehicle. then u also have another choice - SUV or pickup. factor in your budget and also consider diesel is wat... $1.50/liter?

consider (a) - a car - check engine size and your daily drive -traffic, a/c etc. larger engine - more gas...

Like trinidrift said, you can buy a diesel vehicle, but I would advise before doing so, choose a brand/model and do proper research on it. Make sure u know what are possible issues, fixes, firm's quality of service etc before buying. many people have owned diesel vehicles for years and would never go back to gas, but it might just require more stricter maintenance than a gas vehicle. I think one issue to the diesel problems is the type of diesel we get here. Most newer diesel vehicles are common rail diesel engines, which are sensitive to low quality diesel.
    Superman
    Superman

Post by Superman Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Someone told me that the money you save on diesel save it to maintain the vehicle.
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:13 am

thanks alot eveyone for all your imput. i really appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:50 pm