Nissan Owners Club of Trinidad and Tobago

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nissan Owners Club of Trinidad and Tobago

Forum site for Nissan enthusiasts.

4 posters

Cultural behaviours that exist in Trinidad and Tobago

sio_r32_gts
    sio_r32_gts

Cultural behaviours that exist in Trinidad and Tobago Empty Cultural behaviours that exist in Trinidad and Tobago

Post by sio_r32_gts Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Carnival mentality was seen as having two dimensions: during carnival season and outside of carnival period. During the carnival season, carnival mentality has been viewed as a “time to free up”, “time to break away and get on bad” or take part in every carnival activity or event and indulging in alcohol, immoral, vulgar, and promiscuous activities without thinking of the consequences. Outside of the carnival season, carnival mentality refers to the “non-stop party mentality” that is practiced throughout the year; where every event or occasion is treated as a excuse “to lime or party”. Some respondents have regarded carnival mentality as “extreme liming” or “continuous fun in the sun”. Carnival mentality was also seen as having filtered into the workplace where individuals have a very slack, laid back or “don't give a damn” attitude towards work. Carnival mentality was also referred to by a minority of respondents as mindlessness, when you hear music nothing could stop you from dancing, having too many parties in the calendar and events having attributes of carnival.

Discussion

Nine behaviours namely, Liming, Carnival Mentality, Player or Playboy Personality, Tabanca, Obsessional Lateness, Smartman Syndrome, Demon Possession, Spiritual Travel and The Middle-Age Indian Woman Syndrome were identified as existent cultural behaviours. Attempts to validate whether a particular behaviour was part of the culture of Trinidad and Tobago was no easy task. Using a cut-off point of more than a 75 percent respondent rate 35 resulted in the rejection of four behaviours namely, Smartman Syndrome, Demon Possession, Spiritual Travel and the Middle-Age INDIAN WOMEN Syndrome which fell below the 75 percentile.

for more visit
    http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlFilePath=journals/ijtwm/vol1n2/trinidad.xml#h3-2

Last edited by sio_r32_gts on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:31 am; edited 4 times in total
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Cultural behaviours that exist in Trinidad and Tobago Empty Re: Cultural behaviours that exist in Trinidad and Tobago

Post by DUCHESS Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:29 pm

man........that was alot to read

Last edited by DUCHESS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    spoogy
    spoogy

Cultural behaviours that exist in Trinidad and Tobago Empty Re: Cultural behaviours that exist in Trinidad and Tobago

Post by spoogy Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 am

sio.. i try eh, i really try but my mind keep wandering while reading and i find myself rereading alot ...lol..>>> project or something??
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 am

spoogy, i feel you on night shift too long
    Superman
    Superman

Post by Superman Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:17 pm

My head.................................... It hurts so much!!!!!!!!!!!
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:15 am

i feel that article has Kryptonite in it
    Superman
    Superman

Post by Superman Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:20 am

I think so! Shocked
    sio_r32_gts
    sio_r32_gts

Post by sio_r32_gts Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:21 am

u see my point, look classic example of trini behaviour.......too lazy to read Laughing
    Superman
    Superman

Post by Superman Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:26 am

Trini 2 de bone! Cool
    sio_r32_gts
    sio_r32_gts

Post by sio_r32_gts Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:29 am

ok yall start over again, i edit up the post. Please Try and READ! Mad

Blasted lazy ppl
    Superman
    Superman

Post by Superman Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:37 am

The pain, subsiding, I can start to see properly, my strength returning!
    sio_r32_gts
    sio_r32_gts

Post by sio_r32_gts Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:51 am

i never see lazy ppl in a forum so, forums are about reading!!!
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:53 pm

i feel sio needs to take one of those pills trini or superman was supposed to research for me
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:55 pm

sio just because we said all that, doesn't mean that we didn't read it
    DUCHESS
    DUCHESS

Post by DUCHESS Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:57 pm

ummmmm............sio, how come the edited version reminds me of you sunny
    Superman
    Superman

Post by Superman Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:36 pm